Build a better career as we build better software together.
Purpose of the role
We created NorthScope, an ERP application designed specifically for food manufacturing companies. In addition to providing the software, we also assist in the implementation and we provide ongoing support and services.
This role of Software Developer is important because the software improvements we make within our application have a direct impact on the lives of our customers.
Your role would be adding new features, fixing bugs, adding analysis tools to improve user experience, and keeping our technology platform current.
This is not a “heads-down” coding position, you will also work with our implementation team and Product Manager to ensure everything we do adds value to our users without sacrificing the integrity, speed, or usability of the system. We expect our developers to take an active role in problem solving so there are even times they may interact directly with customers.
A day in the life
Most of your time each day will be spent making our product better. This will include things like fixing bugs, improving existing features, adding new features, and improving our framework. In addition to these tasks we also expect and depend on our development team to come up with new ideas or features and better ways to accomplish tasks in our software.
In a typical week, you will work closely with our:
- Development Team to ensure your work meets development standards
- Product Manager to ensure you are completing work on time and on budget
- Quality Assurance to ensure your development items are working as expected and bug free
- Implementation Team to ensure you understand how your work will be used by customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that you are a contributing team member and enjoy working as part of the team.
- Complete assigned tasks correctly, on time, and on budget.
- Proactively and effectively communicate any concerns that will impact successfully completing and delivering assigned tasks.
- Ensure you have a complete understanding of all your assigned tasks and how they impact other areas of the application.
- Continuously test and iterate assigned tasks until complete with no outstanding or undocumented bugs and without cutting corners or sacrificing performance.
- Act on feedback from code reviews and ensure the same types of issues are not continuing.
- Provide meaningful code reviews to other development team members.
- Reproduce and develop solutions to fix software bugs
- Deliver customer driven development, support, and deployment projects.
Experience & Skills You must have
- 2 to 4 years of work experience with SQL Server or equivalent database.
- AA or BA/BS in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education + experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a high level of initiative and responsibility.
Other Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with transactional business software (QuickBooks, Dynamics GP, SAP, etc.).
- Prior experience with Telerik, Kendo or similar controls.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience with manual testing and test automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness working in a team environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment.
Everything we do is a reflection of our core values. Therefore, we ask that you view our culture to ensure we're a good fit for you, just as you are for us before submitting an application.
THE FINE PRINT
Because we value our employees’ time while also recognizing the needs of our clients, we want to keep commuting to a minimum. Therefore, we only screen resumes of applicants who live within a 45-minute commute of our office.
Direct applicants only, please (no recruiters).
In order to be considered for a position at The Northlake Partners, all applicants must complete the following questionnaire, along with their resume and cover letter.
Please note that while your resume is important, you will be evaluated on the answers you submit below and these answers will determine whether or not we look at your resume.