SOFTWARE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Our software application is a transaction-based ERP solution that integrates with Microsoft Dynamics® GP. It is built on an extensive web based platform that includes over 200 pages within more than 10 modules. We have customer installations with users throughout the United States, Canada, South America, and Europe. These users generate support ranging from simple questions to technical problems that require developer assistance. Requests for support can come directly though our KB system, email, and phone calls.
The role of this position is to field all initial support requests, ensure they are closed within a timely manner, and ensure the customer is satisfied with the result. This process involves correctly categorizing each issue within our KB system, assigning them to the correct company resource, following up to ensure they are completed on time, and engaging with the customer to let them know the status of their open support items. Initially, most of the duties will be focused on the project management side of support but each month, more and more of the actual support tickets should be able to be assigned directly to you. Candidates should feel comfortable engaging directly with the customer.
This role has the possibility of developing into a project implementation specialist or junior developer, depending on the path you are most interested in.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive support requests from customers, Project Leads, and Developers, and ensure you have a good understanding of the issues in order to properly categorize them.
- Enter tasks in JIRA, assign them, prioritize, and keep track of their progress
- Communicate with customers and Project Leads while they have open issues
- Troubleshoot issues and solve them
- Identify any discovered software bugs
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to translate support issues into solutions
- Proven relationship building and interpersonal skills to effectively work within our team
- AA or BA/BS in Business, MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education + experience
- Familiar with SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Prior experience with transactional business software (QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP, etc.) is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a high level of initiative and responsibility
- Ability to effectively execute in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment
We off outstanding benefits including:
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid short-term & long-term disability benefits
- Paid Time Off; Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with an employer match
- We encourage the professional growth of our employees and support learning new skills
THE FINE PRINT
Because we value our employees’ time while also recognizing the needs of our clients, we want to keep commuting to a minimum. Therefore, we only screen resumes of applicants who live within a 45-minute commute of our office.
Direct applicants only, please (no recruiters).