SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST
Our software application is a transaction-based ERP solution that integrates with Microsoft Dynamics® GP. It is built on an extensive, web-based platform that includes over 200 pages within more than 10 modules. Most of what we do focuses on expanding the supported features within our application, but we also provide customer-specific functionality and reports as requested by our customers, as well as customizations within Microsoft Dynamics GP.
You will be teamed with developers, project managers, and analysts on various projects and will be expected to test and document the developed features, functionalities and integrations associated with these projects. You will be working on our NorthScope application as well as other customer projects. We are looking for someone with 2+ years of software testing experience that possesses the attention-to-detail and insight necessary to successfully and efficiently test and document the complex features our software has to offer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with developers and project managers on design
- Develop test plans and individual software test scripts.
- Evaluate scope and provide accurate estimates for testing schedules.
- Execute daily software test plans and scripts, as well as ad hoc testing, report results and observations to program managers.
- Ensure the software we develop meets our quality objectives and functions correctly.
- Translate the development of each released improvement, new feature and/or bug fix into user-friendly verbiage via release notes.
- Find, isolate, and report defects.
- Convert “Bugs” into reproducible test plans.
- Take ownership of quality in products.
- Review and provide input into software specification requirements.
- Support users by developing user guides and training materials.
- Generate all QA-related documentation.
- Create, manage and maintain test data.
- Act as QA representative at team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ experience in software testing
- Ability to develop clear, concise, and timely oral and written reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to effectively translate ideas, concepts and information.
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with a high level of initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to effectively execute in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proven relationship building skills.
- Keen attention-to-detail and organizational skills.
We offer outstanding benefits including:
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid short-term & long-term disability benefits
- Paid Time Off; Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with an employer match
- We encourage the professional growth of our employees and support learning new skills
THE FINE PRINT
Because we value our employees’ time while also recognizing the needs of our clients, we want to keep commuting to a minimum. Therefore, we only screen resumes of applicants who live within a 45-minute commute of our office.
Direct applicants only, please (no recruiters).